feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

10 Tips To Improve Google Adsense Earnings part 2

Rewrite Best Articles So That Better Ads Appear

In tandem with working out what your best articles are, you should manually see what kind of ads are displaying on your bigger posts. Take for instance my number one post. The ads that were originally being displayed were awful and the post itself was only about one line long.

However, once I spotted the crazy Google traffic I went back and rewrote the post so that it included links to other related posts and improved the keyword density so that better Adsense ads are now displayed.

Reduce Noise Around Ad Units

One of the best ways to improve your Adsense CTR is to reduce the amount of noise around your ads. If you are serious about increasing your CTR then you want to limit the amount of other links and noise around your units.

For instance, take my best performing unit at the top of my posts which accounts for around 80-90% of my adsense income. Have you noticed how I don’t even have a post stamp near it? The only ‘noise’ near that unit is the title because I can’t sensibly move it! No author name, categories, ratings, tags etc in sight.

Don’t Use Competitive Ad Filter - Trust Google

This one may be a bit controversial, but I fully believe that to increase Adsense Earnings you shouldn’t use the competitive filter and that you should trust Google, as Google will always display the ad it thinks will work best on your site and which has the highest CPC. If this turns out to be one of the ads that you’ve blocked, then all you are actually doing is reducing your potential earnings. I believe that you should only use the competitive filter to eliminate competitor ads, not in an attempt to increase Adsense earnings.

Get An Adsense Optimised Theme

I couldn’t finish this list without plugging my Adsense Optimised theme. I have lost count of the number of people who have thanked me after they have changed their theme to Typo XP Reloaded. Having a theme that’s designed for adsense can make a huge, huge difference.

If you are attached to your current theme then try and make tweaks that will help your CTR e.g. do you need that huge bright header that is pushing your ads below the fold and is only creating more ‘noise’? Should you use nice blue links that everyone knows means ‘click here’ rather than that funky link colour you like because it matches your wallpaper?

I hope you found these tips useful, or at least they’ve given you food for thought. As always feel free to share any of your tips or comments below. If you are looking for other ways to make money from blogging then this post might help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics